Friday, March 19, 2010

Synthesis

This morning I had the pleasure of talking about my trip to the Redding Sunrise Rotary. They were a cheery bunch (especially for 7 AM) and all seemed to enjoy my presentation. I didn't notice any nodding off at least...

I took over 1,000 photos on my journey, and I condensed these down to 30 powerpoint slides and talked for 20 minutes. This was a chore, trying to condense over two weeks of experiences into 20 minutes. I merely focused on the major locations I visited and only included a few side stories- other than that I had to focus on the basics. I finished my speech with two minutes to spare for questions (and my long-winded answers got me over my time allocation). I think it went well, as I had many people come up to me afterwards and shake my hand, telling me how great of a job I did. I had the President of the group also trying to recruit me, which I may have to consider.

Later today I'm traveling to Williams to have a synthesis session with my fellow classmates (or at least my northern California contingent). I get the opportunity to talk more about this amazing experience and reflect upon it. Since I have been back, I have been very busy and had little time to reflect on this blog. Tonight at synthesis, I will have a good chance to take some notes (maybe I'll pack my computer) and put my scattered thoughts down in print. If they are worthy enough, maybe I will share them on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment